I was looking for a roasted broccoli recipe and I can’t believe I had forgotten about Do It Delicious’ Roasted Broccoli with Shallots and Garlic recipe! It is so easy and really, really delicious, I could eat it every week. I came across Jessica Seinfeld’s website Do It Delicious years ago when she did a tutorial for a fast and juicy herb grilled chicken. It was a simple video she did for a friend who didn’t know how to cook and it really was easy to follow and the chicken came out good (I have issues cooking a simple chicken breast). Jessica’s instructions are very clear with little fuss, and her website just resonated with me. I am so happy to have become reacquainted with her site!
What I love about this broccoli recipe is how tasty and easy it is. It isn’t a “I’m on a diet so I’ll eat broccoli” recipe, it’s a “I actually want and crave this broccoli” recipe.
- 1 large bunch of broccoli
- 2 shallots (I used 4 – I realized after I peeled the shallots that each contained 2)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 425°F.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and place on a rimmed sheet pan. (I lined my pan with parchment paper.)
- Slice the shallots into rings and chop the garlic. Add to the pan.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper (about 12 turns on pepper mill).
- Toss together with your hands then arrange in a single layer.
- Roast until tender and slightly charred, 20 to 25 minutes. (I roasted for 20 minutes.)
|Total Fat||10.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9.8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.3 g|
Not only is this dish super delicious and easy to make, it’s also a quick dish. From start to finish it took 35 minutes. Oh, and did I mention how amazing it smells?