I absolutely love Chinese food. Not takeout, but real, authentic Chinese food. My mother and her side of the family is Chinese (with a bit of German), and I grew up surrounded by this magnificent culture and delicious cuisine. I was very fortunate to have had a grandmother who cooked Chinese food for us and who luckily passed on her wonderful gift to my mother. My all-time favorite is home cooked Chinese food, but when that’s not available, I have some local spots that can satisfy my cravings.
Mr Chow is a great restaurant. Although it’s considered a trendy restaurant, what I have come to understand is that all of its locations worldwide are very consistent with the quality of food and restaurant ambiance. It is on the expensive side and sometimes can come off a bit pretentious, but the food is worth it, and I would recommend trying at least once.
In the future I’ll be covering regular Chinese spots that are more accessible, but since I recently went for a belated Chinese New Year dinner, I decided to start with this one!
If you’re in a group, I recommend the Beijing Duck Prix Fixe Menu. It is served family style and the menu consists of three courses: appetizers, main dishes and the Beijing Duck.
If you are able to request a table, I would recommend the one by the kitchen door, where you can see the “Noodle Show”. There are two “performances” in the night, and it’s quite a spectacle to see the chef create noodles in minutes.
For the grand finale, the chef brings out the fantastic duck!
Dinner was delicious! We didn’t have any dessert, but if you order coffee, they have these little sugar cubes that are quite delicious:
- Lively and energetic ambiance
- Located at the W Hotel in South Beach, you can get drinks at the restaurant bar or explore the hotel bars
- Reservations highly recommended
- Address: W Hotel South Beach, 2201 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Valet parking available at the hotel, or there is a parking with metered/pay machine parking right across the street
- Telephone: (305) 695-1695
- Website: http://www.mrchow.com/officialblog/miami
- Hours (October-March): Friday-Saturday: 6:00 PM-1:00 AM; Sunday-Thursday: 6:00 PM-12:00 AM
- Hours (April-September): Sunday-Wednesday: 6:00 PM-12:00 AM; Thursday-Saturday: 6:00 PM-12:45 AM
I hope you like it and for my fellow readers who celebrate Chinese New Year, Gong Hey Fat Choy! Gong Xi Fa Cai!