Closing out the menu for my dinner with friends, dessert! Wanting something very easy (sorbet) but also with a homemade touch, I decided to try one of recipes from the InStyle magazine party guide page I keep talking about, Ginger Pecans.
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
- 4 1/2 cups pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, ginger and salt; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add pecans, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until golden.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over pecans and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring often, until pecans are browned and crisp.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet to cool.
- Store, airtight, at room temperature for up to 3 days.
As mentioned above, this recipe can be made ahead. It’s great as garnish for dessert or on its on in a bowl for snacking. I served this in the beginning for snacking and later brought it out again with the sorbet.
For the sorbet, I went to my favorite ice cream store, The Frieze. I absolutely adore their flavors, and they conveniently have some of them in a fridge ready to go. Keeping with the Asian theme of the night, I decided to get Ginger Pear and Lychee.
Pingback: Adri Likes… Easy Dinner Parties! | Adri Likes