Yardbird Southern Table and Bar is a wonderful restaurant with farm-fresh ingredients, delicious Southern cooking and magnificent cocktails. I had been there before for lunch and dinner, but never for breakfast/brunch. Having heard great things about their brunch, I decided to give it a try.
Even though I’m not a huge fried chicken fan, the restaurant has such a great vibe and interesting dishes, I thought it would be fun to try a few different things for breakfast, other than the usual eggs/waffles/pancakes. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed, and everything we had was simply fantastic. The food was also surprisingly not overly greasy or heavy, as one may assume Southern cooking cuisine would be, and the portions were perfect for two.
Click on the pictures below to start the slideshow, which contains the description of each dish and my comments. A lot of the dishes we ate are also available for lunch and dinner.
Here are some pictures of the restaurant itself. During the day it has wonderful natural light.
Yardbird is great for all meals and cocktails. Always a lively scene, you must try one of their drinks. My favorite is the Blackberry Bourbon Lemonade.
- Outside seating available on a first come, first served basis (it used to be like this, you should ask when you arrive if they have changed)
- Reservations accepted and highly recommended
- Address: 1600 Lenox Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, on the corner of 16th and Lenox Avenue
- Valet parking available for lunch and dinner
- Telephone: 305-538-5220
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://runchickenrun.com
- Monday-Thursday: 11:30 AM-11:00 PM
- Friday: 11:30 AM-12:00 AM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM-12:00 AM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM-11:00 PM