While browsing InStyle magazine many years ago (February 2006 issue), I came across a party guide section that included some recipes for hors d’oeuvres that were not only super simple to make, but extremely delicious, easy to serve (no mess), and very flavorful. I’ll post the other recipes in the future, but I wanted to start off with my favorite, the Tuna Tartare Chips!
- 3/4 lb sashimi-grade fresh ahi tuna, cut into 1/4″ dice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 30 ridged potato chips (or any sort of cracker, I have used sesame rice crackers in the past as well)
- sesame seeds (optional, I added some one time)
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, oil, chives, salt, pepper, a dash of pepper sauce and sesame seeds (optional); refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Top each chip/cracker with a bit of wasabi paste and a heaping spoon of tuna tartare.
That’s it! You’re done!
I love how simple this recipe is and how absolutely delicious it turns out. You can even skip the whole chip/cracker step and have just the tuna tartare on its own, which I have done before.
UPDATE: I have made this dish again and added a new post about it with more pictures.